Front-End UI/UX Design Internship | Berlin, Connecticut USA
About the Position:
As Jaroop continues its exponential growth, we are looking for passionate, innovative designers to join our design team. Here at Jaroop, you will focus on designing web and mobile applications, while aiding in the implementation of the front-end HTML/CSS using libraries such as Bootstrap and jQuery. The position will also require you to create new, cutting edge, and intuitive UI/UX designs. As an intern, you will have the ability to collaborate on real world projects, while interacting with our amazing clients!
You will be paired with one of our Senior UX Designers, and will work closely with them throughout your internship. You will be expected to contribute during internal brainstorming, user research, and design production practices.
- Working with the project management team to design, mockup, and prototype new and existing web and mobile applications.
- Working well within Jaroop’s team and occasionally providing feedback on client projects.
- Participating actively in team meetings and collaborating on planning, development, testing and deployment.
- Learning independently to advance individual and team knowledge.
- Utilizing Jaroop’s project management platform to communicate project progress and complete assignments on schedule.
Skills and Characteristics:
- Proficient with Adobe Creative Suite, Sketch, Invision Studio, and/or other wireframing tools.
- Must have a good understanding of HTML and CSS.
- Proficient with WordPress and other content management systems.
- Some familiarity with Git commands (not required).
- Familiar with user experience processes and web/mobile/tablet best practices.
- Must have strong information architecture, interaction design, and visual design skills.
- Willingness to learn new techniques and best practices.
- Ability to work efficiently, both independently and in a team environment, take direction well, and approach each project with flexibility and creativity.
Why Work at Jaroop?
Jaroop is a growing technology company that includes software development, technology consulting, and managed technology services. We work with companies of all sizes, from exciting technology startups to some of the largest companies in the world. The company culture is fun, collaborative, and flexible with no office politics or bureaucratic processes. We encourage and reward hard work, creativity and entrepreneurial spirit.