Senior Software Developer | Berlin, Connecticut USA
About the Position:
Jaroop seeks an individual to join its team as a full-time Senior Software Developer Team Lead. Most specifically, we are looking for an experienced developer who has the ability to lead software development projects. There is tremendous upside potential in terms of compensation, career growth and autonomy for the right candidate. It is important that this individual has a background and proven track record in development as part of a team. This is a full-time opportunity based in our Corporate office located in Connecticut.
- Working collaboratively as part of an Agile Development Team and working with our Client Management Team and sometimes clients to outline requirements, come up with creative solutions and develop great software.
- Leading team meetings on planning, development, testing and deployment of client projects.
- Writing well documented, functional code to develop advanced, secure web applications.
- Learning independently to advance individual and team knowledge.
- Training and developing junior staff members.
- Utilizing Jaroop’s project management platform to communicate project progress and complete assignments on schedule
- 5 – 10 years of programming experience with an object-oriented or functional programming language, such as Scala, Java, or C#.
- Experience with leading and training junior development staff.
- Mastery of SQL and relational databases (MySQL, PostgreSQL, etc.)
- Proven experience developing applications using MVC frameworks.
- Expert-level experience with source control tools (git).
- Comfort with the command-line.
- Ability to learn new programming languages and concepts quickly.
- Familiarity with cross-browser compatibility and web standards.
- Ability to work independently, perform under pressure and adapt to change.
- Excellent organizational, planning, and prioritization skills.
- High level of concern for quality of client deliverables and a high level of integrity.
- Preference for test-driven-development (TDD) practices emphasizing well-written unit and integration tests specifying system behavior.
- Experience with the Agile development methodology.
- A knowledge of security best practices in web software, especially preventing CSRF, XSS, and SQL injection attacks.
- Knowledge of HIPAA, PII and PCI standards a significant plus.
Jaroop is a growing technology company that includes software development, technology consulting and managed technology services. Jaroop works with companies of all sizes, from exciting technology startups to some of the largest companies in the world. Jaroop offers a generous compensation and benefits package. The company culture is fun, collaborative and flexible with no office politics or bureaucratic processes. We encourage and reward hard work, creativity and entrepreneurial spirit. Finally, our team members have the opportunity to truly control their own destinies, as our company structure is set up to allow a high degree of autonomy. Finally, Jaroop offers a unique rewards model that allows team members to benefit from the upside of Jaroop, our clients and our strategic/capital partnerships.