Senior Software Developer | Berlin, Connecticut USA
About the Position:
Jaroop seeks an individual to join its team as a full-time Senior Software Developer. Whether you’re a strong individual contributor or a development team leader, we’re looking for an experienced developer who is able to hit the ground running on a wide variety of projects. New code at Jaroop is primarily written in Scala, a functional programming language on the JVM, but projects may involve many different technologies and programming languages. Candidates should be fluent in one or more modern technology stacks common in Web development with the ability to learn new technologies quickly. There is tremendous upside potential in terms of compensation, career growth, and autonomy for the right candidate. It is important that this individual has a background and proven track record in development as part of a team. This is a full-time opportunity based in our Corporate office located in Connecticut.
- Working collaboratively as part of an Agile Development Team and working with our Client Management Team and sometimes clients to outline requirements, come up with creative solutions, and develop great software
- Leading the planning, development, testing and deployment of client projects
- Writing well documented, functional code to develop advanced, secure web applications
- Learning independently to advance individual and team knowledge
- Training and developing junior staff members
- Utilizing Jaroop’s project management platform to communicate project progress and complete assignments on schedule
- Experience with leading and training junior development staff.
- Mastery of SQL and relational databases. Experience with PostgreSQL a plus.
- Expertise in object-oriented programming (OOP) best practices. Experience in functional
programming a strong plus.
- Expert-level experience with source control tools (git)
- Some familiarity with Linux server administration. Experience with AWS or other cloud providers a
- Ability to learn new programming languages and concepts quickly.
- Familiarity with cross-browser compatibility and web standards.
- Ability to work independently, perform under pressure and adapt to change.
- Excellent organizational, planning, and prioritization skills.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- High level of concern for quality of client deliverables and a high level of integrity.
- Preference for test-driven-development (TDD) practices emphasizing well-written unit and integration tests specifying system behavior.
- Experience with the Agile development methodology.
- Knowledge of security best practices in Web software.
- Knowledge of HIPAA, PII and PCI standards a significant plus.
Jaroop is a growing technology company that includes software development, technology consulting and managed technology services. Jaroop works with companies of all sizes, from exciting technology startups to some of the largest companies in the world. Jaroop offers a generous compensation and benefits package. The company culture is fun, collaborative and flexible with no office politics or bureaucratic processes. We encourage and reward hard work, creativity and entrepreneurial spirit. Finally, our team members have the opportunity to truly control their own destinies, as our company structure is set up to allow a high degree of autonomy. Finally, Jaroop offers a unique rewards model that allows team members to benefit from the upside of Jaroop, our clients and our strategic/capital partnerships.