Senior Software Developer | Berlin, Connecticut USA
About this Position:
Jaroop seeks an individual to join its team as a full-time Software Developer. We are looking for an experienced developer with strong problem-solving skills looking to work in a fast-paced, challenging environment. As a growing company, we offer tremendous upside potential in terms of compensation, career growth, and autonomy for the right candidate. This is a full-time opportunity based in our Corporate office located in Connecticut.
- Working collaboratively on a full-stack Agile development team in a fast-paced environment to deliver high-quality software on time
- Working with our internal product team to outline requirements, come up with creative solutions, and develop great software
- Participating in the planning, development, testing and deployment of client projects
- Writing well documented, functional, and secure code for Web applications
- Learning independently to advance individual and team knowledge
- Assisting in the training and mentoring of junior staff members
- At least 3 years of experience with an object oriented programming language like Java or C#. Experience in a functional programming language like Scala is a significant plus.
- Some experience writing front-end code, especially for browsers. Experience with React or another modern front-end framework is a significant plus.
- Experience working with SQL and relational databases (MySQL, PostgreSQL, etc.)
- Proven experience developing applications using modern Web frameworks
- Ability to learn new programming languages and concepts quickly
- Ability to work independently, perform under pressure and adapt to change
- Excellent organizational, planning, and prioritization skills
- High level of concern for quality of client deliverables and a high level of integrity
- Preference for test-driven-development (TDD) practices emphasizing well-written unit and integration tests specifying system behavior
- Experience with the Agile development methodology
- Knowledge of security best practices in Web software
- Knowledge of HIPAA, PII, and PCI standards a significant plus
Jaroop is a growing technology company with core competencies in custom product development and managed technology services. Jaroop works with partners of all sizes, from startups to Fortune 100 firms. Our company culture is fun, collaborative and flexible, encouraging and rewarding hard work, creativity and entrepreneurial spirit while giving a high degree of autonomy.