Product Owner | Berlin, Connecticut USA
About this Position:
Jaroop is seeking an individual to join its team as a Product Owner. The ideal candidate will be a highly motivated, organized individual with the ability to collaborate with team members and extended stakeholders. You will work with partners to understand business needs, define requirements, assist in user acceptance testing, and create client facing documentation. Internally you will; create user stories, oversee sprint planning and backlog grooming sessions, and serve as a customer advocate to the development team. There is tremendous upside potential in terms of compensation, career growth and autonomy for the right candidate. It is critical that this individual has a background and proven track record in project management and Agile software development.
- Communicating regularly with client stakeholders to maintain consistent vision and alignment
- Gathering requirements, creating user stories, building acceptance criteria, and supporting the launch of new features
- Working with the Product Manager to address any development challenges that may affect timelines
- Gaining alignment with QA and Dev to review user story acceptance criteria
- Determining whether the final product is acceptable
- Ensuring that product backlog tickets are clearly articulated
- Prioritizing items in an order that best meets business objectives
- Bachelor’s Degree.
- 2-5 years of experience as a Product Owner or Business Analysis
- Ability to clearly articulate and document business requirements
- Understanding of Agile software development
- Experience advocating on behalf of non-technical stakeholders to a development team
- Strong time management and prioritization skills
- Attention to detail
- Self-motivated – ‘Find a way to get it done’ attitude
- Experience working in a SaaS-based organization
- Project management experience
- Healthcare and/or Insurance experience
Jaroop is a growing technology company with core competencies in custom product development and managed technology services. Jaroop works with partners of all sizes, from startups to Fortune 100 firms. Our company culture is fun, collaborative and flexible, encouraging and rewarding hard work, creativity and entrepreneurial spirit while giving a high degree of autonomy.