Software Developer | Berlin, Connecticut USA
About this Position:
Jaroop seeks an individual to join its team as a full-time Software Developer Team Lead. We are looking for candidates with strong leadership abilities who have experience managing teams of software developers in a fast-paced environment. As a growing company, we offer tremendous upside potential in terms of compensation, career growth, and autonomy for the right candidate. This is a full-time opportunity based in our Corporate office located in Connecticut.
- Leading an Agile development team in a fast-paced environment to deliver high-quality software on time
- Working with our clients and our internal product team to outline requirements, come up with creative solutions, and develop great software
- Leading team meetings on planning, development, testing and deployment of client projects
- Mentoring junior staff members and training new developers
- Architecting secure, performant Web applications hosted in the cloud
- Working with other team leads to create consistent standards and processes for the whole development department
- At least 5 years of experience as a professional software developer, with significant experience leading a development team
- Deep expertise in a statically typed programming language. Experience with Scala or another functional programming language is a significant plus.
- Experience mentoring junior development staff
- Proven experience developing applications using modern Web development frameworks
- Familiarity with cross-browser compatibility and web standards
- Excellent organizational, planning, and prioritization skills
- High level of concern for quality of client deliverables and a high level of integrity
- Preference for test-driven-development (TDD) practices emphasizing well-written unit and integration tests specifying system behavior
- Experience with the Agile development methodology
- Knowledge of security best practices in web software
- Knowledge of HIPAA, PII and PCI standards a significant plus
Jaroop is a growing technology company with core competencies in custom product development and managed technology services. Jaroop works with partners of all sizes, from startups to Fortune 100 firms. Our company culture is fun, collaborative and flexible, encouraging and rewarding hard work, creativity and entrepreneurial spirit while giving a high degree of autonomy.