Business Analyst | Berlin, Connecticut USA
About this Position:
Jaroop is seeking an individual to join its team as a Business Analyst. The ideal candidate will be a highly motivated, organized individual with the ability to collaborate with team members and extended stakeholders. You will work with partners to understand business needs, define and document requirements, assist in user acceptance testing, and create client-facing documentation. Internally you will; outline requirements, create user stories, oversee sprint planning and backlog grooming sessions, and serve as a customer advocate. A successful individual will have a strong sense of urgency and proactive approach to getting things done, making sure things are documented and everyone is on the same page around requirements, actions feedback, etc. There are a number of rewarding career opportunities and upward mobility for the right individual who wants to be part of an exciting, growing company.
- Communicating regularly with project stakeholders (internal and external)
- Gathering requirements, creating user stories, building acceptance criteria, and supporting the launch of new features
- Working with the Product Manager to address any development challenges that may affect timelines
- Gaining alignment with QA and Dev to review user story acceptance criteria
- Determining whether the final product is acceptable
- Ensuring that product backlog tickets are clearly articulated
- Prioritizing items in an order that best meets business objectives
- Bachelor’s Degree.
- At least 2 years of experience as a Business Analyst
- Experience preparing requirements documentation, handling user acceptance testing
- Understanding of Agile software development
- Experience advocating on behalf of non-technical stakeholders to a development team
- Strong time management and prioritization skills
- Attention to detail
- Self-motivated – ‘Find a way to get it done’ attitude
- Experience working in a SaaS-based organization
- Project management experience
- Insurance industry experience
Jaroop is a growing technology company with core competencies in custom product development and managed technology services. Jaroop works with partners of all sizes, from startups to Fortune 100 firms. Our company culture is fun, collaborative and flexible, encouraging and rewarding hard work, creativity and entrepreneurial spirit while giving a high degree of autonomy.