Think you’re small business doesn’t really need to invest in business process automation? In today’s competitive global market, this is a key strategy to help grow your business and contain costs. What small business doesn’t want that? Here are 4 technology tools every start-up or small business can benefit from.
For a small or fledgling business that has limited manpower, save yourself loads of time. How long do you really want to wear the caps of payroll officer, marketing manager or stock clerk? Isn’t it better for your business if you can devote as much time as possible to what it is you do best? Maximize the amount of time you spend applying your specific talents and skills by using batch processing tools to manage social media activity, bill paying, payroll, email communications and inventory management.
Hiring staff is time-consuming if you want to do it right. To get the greatest value out of future employees, the interview and screening process must be performed properly. It may seem like recruiting the right people would be a human-only job every step of the way. But, actually, there is much that can be automated. Employee recruitment platforms can weed-out unsuitable applicants, respond to promising prospects and manage the pre-interview process. By the time an applicant arrives across the table for a bit of personal scrutiny, the field has been finely narrowed. Small business owners will not be wasting valuable time but will be interviewing the most qualified talent available for the position posted.
There are two key areas of managing employees that can increase productivity and limit workflow interruption: scheduling and training.
- Scheduling: Creating a calendar and shift schedule is tedious and sometimes complex. The solution to time-conflict confusion is a custom online rostering system. Drop and drag names, have the holidays covered, keep the store manned during lunch breaks and let technology do the math of who is available when while remaining consistent with the number of hours required to work.
- Training: Although some skills require the old-fashioned, personal approach, there are some areas of training that can be automated. Save yourself time by providing as much training as possible online. This keeps an employee on-task during scheduled work hours, able to complete training at their own convenience. Instructional videos or customized, interactive programs allow employees to log on and move up.
Business process automation in the area of customer relations is more than using technology for customer service. Consumers are more savvy than ever. Widespread use of social media has transformed the customer-business relationship. Consumers expect a more personalized experience. It may seem impossible for business process automation to be personal, but that is the magic of today’s sophisticated technology. Customer Relationship Manager systems can organize all the fine bits of data accumulated on each customer, make sense of it all and put it to good use.
- Browsing and shopping behavior is tracked, which makes it easier to get the right ads and suggestions before their eyes online, personalizing their shopping and browsing experience.
- Email can be configured to not only send ads, but to also communicate birthday greetings, a thank you on a shopping anniversary, recognize particular religious holidays aligned with a customer’s faith, notify them of sales on products related to previously purchased items, etc. Personalizing email communication has endless possibilities.
- Billing customers is one of the most functional business process automation tools that no business should be without. It never forgets to send out a statement or invoice. Even better, it also tracks the time that is to be billed. Minutes here and there, forgotten to be logged, add up. By the end of the year, a small business can really miss out on quite a bit of revenue. Automate billing and maximize your income stream.
Are you ready to upgrade your small business to the next level of technological efficiency? It’s easier and more affordable than you think. Partner with data management experts who are committed to the growth, productivity and efficiency of your company.